Well, I am one week into 61. I wish I knew how to do it. Resolutions are great but follow through...not so much.
I seem to do my best thinking in the bathtub and this morning I had some serious revelations, I guess like the things Oprah "knows for sure"...
- Big Bang Theory is my mood elevator, that, and pizza with banana peppers.
- Breasts WILL sag if you live long enough...and I am there !
- People will disappoint you if you set your expectations too high.
- The vertical ridges in your fingernails are a sign of aging...but you can buff them out.
- The quena flute is beautiful but extremely difficult to play.
- You can fret about removing trees but won't notice when they are gone.
- Clutter multiplies when you aren't looking.
- Excess weight is greatly affected by gravity causing a wrinkly face and bulging thighs.
- I can't write without Shannon...and one of the sweetest things anyone said to me in 2015 is that "it's like she isn't really gone."
- Honeybees can make your heart lighter, and I am already feeling a little withdrawal as they cluster to survive the cold.
There is a feeling of warm anticipation looking into 2016. Maybe because it is a 9 year. I'm not an expert at numerology but I do think there is something cool about numbers and especially the number 9 because it was Shannon's favorite number, and she never explained why...but here is what I realized this morning...
Shannon was born on 4 ~ 5 ( 9 ) She left this life in 1998 ( 9 ) This year is 2016 ( 9 ) and it has been 18 (9) years since she returned to Heaven.
In numerology the number 9 has this meaning "Number 9 is the number of Universal love, eternity, faith, service to humanity, humanitarianism and the humanitarian, leading by positive example, philanthropy and the philanthropist, charity, self-sacrifice, selflessness, destiny, life purpose and soul mission, generosity, a a higher perspective, romance, inner-strength, public relations, responsibility, intuition, strength of character. "
So there you go. It's going to be an amazing year and I am much closer to where I am going than where I began, and I may not age gracefully but I will age and it's all going to be OKAY.